26.3.11

the silent walk

we walk in silence..
in awareness
stillness in the air
from silence within
to silence without
from his readily offered
"i will come!"
to the bald, dusky, lustered one
to my silent understanding
of his attraction
path divulging
going further than i can sight

is this sadness
is this water,
in my eyes
pen writes words
lips can't say

from the point of no-return
words..mine..yours
ours
they once were
then you call us friends

maybe
you said
we make better friends
i heard you
as i heard myself
before

who is this
who cries
when what is done is done
singular is back
were we ever plural
i ask
you and me

we are lost
somewhere
will we find each other
love mixed with
jealousy, ownership, possessiveness,
is it still love

then she
of the luscious eyelashes
twinkles her dusky face
towards me and asks
"will you come too?"

i nod
a very difficult and indifferent
unknowing
of my path ahead
she of the sultry eyes
winks, "come!"

all i want to say 
to her is, 
i don't want to be there,
when he kisses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment