18.9.09

open doors

Open doors,on one hand represent an open mind and in that respect I implore that state of mind in myself and others,who I interact with through my work or in my daily life.
Viewed in anaother dimension,a doorway is also symbolic of a channel through which ideas,thoughts and information can be move.

Ancient ones recognized this link in their ceremonies, which they considered as doorways between this life and the beyond. Their Rites of Passage represented a handing over of the 'baton of experience' from the elders to the youth. 
Today,we need such ceremonies ,now more than ever, as we need to step forth from the lessons of the past, from within and without,to the possibility of tomorrow.

In this composition,I felt,the pictures framed on the walls in the Passage, representing the mistakes and glories of the past whilst the open doorway beckons to the future ,where an elder who once walked this planet (albeit in Orange heels) is raring to hand over the keys to the Pi(u)nk youth of tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment